No Data Available
AtCor Medical Holdings Limited (ACG)
is a publicly listed company on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX).
About AtCor Medical
AtCor Medical Pty Ltd., developer and marketer of the SphygmoCor® system, is the market leader in noninvasive measurement of central arterial pressure waveform analysis and arterial stiffness assessment.
An Australian-headquartered company, AtCor Medical Limited’s corporate, manufacturing and R&D operations are located in Sydney. The American subsidiary, AtCor Medical Inc., is headquartered in Itasca, IL.
The mission of AtCor Medical is to develop products for clinical use that noninvasively assess the physiological status and function of the human cardiovascular system.
SphygmoCor® Central Arterial Pressure Waveform Analysis
Heart disease affects more people than any other disease or illness and can develop without any symptoms. A growing number of cardiovascular risk factors, including diabetes, high cholesterol, smoking, high blood pressure and age have been linked to heart attack, stroke and heart failure. Arterial stiffness is often a cause of high blood pressure and heart failure, as increased arterial stiffness increases the work that the heart must do. Central arterial pressure waveform analysis is a new way for physicians to assess your cardiovascular health.
The SphygmoCor System
SphygmoCor measures the pressure waveform at the heart.
- Important in managing treatment and reducing damage to the heart, kidneys and other organs
- Provides a wide range of valuable information about your heart and arteries
- Reports show how your results compare with those of other men or women your age
Why is This Procedure Important?
- This waveform information is different than the blood pressure in the arm
- Doctors have long know that this information, measured at the heart, is the most clinically important
- The results can help your doctor better manage your blood pressure and may help with treatment decisions
How Does the SphygmoCor System Work?
- Depending on the type of SphygmoCor test you’re having, the system either uses a cuff placed around the upper arm or a sensor the size of a pen is pressed gently against the skin at your wrist
- The cuff or pen is connected to the SphygmoCor system, and measures the waveform at the heart
How are the Test Results Used?
- To give your health care provider additional information to manage your blood pressure
- To see how diet, exercise and medication therapy are improving your test results
SphygmoCor systems are used in leading hospitals and physician offices worldwide.
Ask your doctor if SphygmoCor testing would be helpful to you.
The SphygmoCor Test
The SphygmoCor measurement is simple and painless, taking only a few minutes to perform. While you are seated in a comfortable position, the nurse or doctor will place a blood pressure cuff around your arm and connect the cuff to a SphygmoCor system. The test provides your physician with the pressure waveform at the heart along with a wide range of valuable information about your heart and arteries.
The SphygmoCor system is connected to a computer that creates a report with this information. The report also shows how your results compared with those of other men or women your age.
AtCor Medical Holdings Limited
1059 - 1063 Victoria Road
West Ryde, NSW
+61 2 9874 8761
Fax: +61 2 9874 9022
The General Overview, Services, Products and Projects information for this profile was last edited on 01 Aug 2016.