No Data Available
Australian Ethical Investment Limited (AEF)
is a publicly listed company on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX).
About Australian Ethical Investment
Their promise to all their clients is that they will invest your money in a way that aims to provide financial security for you and positive, sustainable change for society and the environment.
When most people think of ethical investing, they most likely think of negative screening - what gets excluded. This is an important part of the story if you don't want your money supporting industries like tobacco, uranium or coal mining, exploitation of people, or old growth forest logging.
Whilst they avoid all of the above (and more) what is more important, is what they actually invest your money in, and that is our positive screening. With Australian Ethical Super, your money is investing in the future, helping to build a new low-carbon economy, fund medical and technology breakthroughs, energy efficiency and more.
Australian Ethical Investment invest in companies that they expect to perform well financially, and do good for the world.
For example, they invest in the Australian company Cochlear, who have been improving the lives of hearing-impaired people through innovative technology for many years.
They invest in companies involved in renewable and clean energy, healthcare, efficient transport, biotechnology, recycling and waste management, and more.
- Australian Ethical Super wins SuperRatings prestigious Rising Star Award in recognition of increased value for members through reduced fees and improved client service standards.
- The Smaller Companies Trust wins Ethical Fund of the Year at the annual Sustainability Awards for the second time in four years. The award is chosen by respected rating agency Lonsec.
- The Climate Advocacy Fund is launched to help drive change in the corporate behaviour of Australia's biggest polluters.
- The Property Trust was launched.
- The International Equities Trust was made available to retail investors.
- The Smaller Companies Trust wins Ethical Fund of the Year at the annual Sustainability Awards.
- Funds under management reached over $600 million by the end of the financial year.
- The International Equities Trust was launched as a wholesale product.
- Australian Ethical Superannuation Pty Ltd received its registrable superannuation entity licence.
- Funds under management reached $525 million.
- Australian Ethical was granted an Australian Financial Services Licence.
- Funds under management reached $329 million.
- Introduction of international shares to the managed funds portfolios.
- Australian Ethical issued an Investment Statement in New Zealand.
- Australian Ethical was listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX:AEF).
- Australian Ethical assisted in the establishment of Centre of Australian Ethical Research (CAER), which became an independent company in 2002.
- Funds under management reached $100 million.
- Australian Ethical Superannuation Pty Ltd was established as a wholly-owned subsidiary.
- Funds under management closed at $30 million.
- Large Companies Share Trust (now the Larger Companies Trust) and Income Trust (now the Cash Trust) were launched.
- The company changed its name to Australian Ethical Investment Ltd.
- The Equities Trust (now the Smaller Companies Trust) was launched.
- A public prospectus was issued by Australian Ethical.
- Funds under management exceed $1.6 million.
- The August Investments Managed Trust was launched (now the Balanced Trust).
- The company was first established as a private investment company, August Investments Pty Ltd. The company was formed by a group of individuals who wished to promote ethical investment.
Your super could be invested in clean energy, medical breakthroughs, innovative technology, efficiency and much more.
They avoid investments that harm people, society and the environment.
A managed fund is a professionally managed investment portfolio. They can include investments in shares, property, fixed interest, cash and more.
There are a number of benefits of investing in a managed fund:
- Easy to manage - Instead of making a number of small investments (eg buying many individual companies' shares) you can hold just one investment, where you purchase 'units' in the managed fund that holds many shares and/or other investments
- Easy to diversify - Diversification means 'not putting all your eggs in one basket'. With a managed fund you can lower risk, by investing across asset classes (eg shares, property), as well as within asset classes (eg purchasing many different companies' shares)
- Easy to get started - You can start your Australian Ethical managed fund with as little as $1,000 with a regular investment plan.
If you are preparing to retire or nearing retirement, Australian Ethical can help you turn the super you've saved into a regular income.
You can get a pension account with your super money that is either:
- Already being managed by them, or
- Currently being managed by another super fund.
Self Managed Super Fund
If you have a self-managed super fund, you can invest in their managed funds. Their managed funds are professionally managed and have produced competitive returns, while being ethically invested.
Their managed funds invest in companies with positive environmental and social practices. By adding an ethical dimension to your self-managed super fund's investment portfolio, you and your family will know what your money is doing.
Australian Ethical Investment Limited
207 Kent Street
+61 2 6201 1988
Fax: +61 2 6201 1987