No Data Available
Amcor Limited (AMC)
is a publicly listed company on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX).
Amcor is a global leader in responsible global packaging solutions supplying a broad range of rigid & flexible packaging products into the food, beverage, healthcare, home and personal care and tobacco packaging industries
Amcor has come a long way to become one of the world's top global packaging companies.
1860s Australian Heritage
Amcor's history dates back to the 1860s when Samuel Ramsden, a young stone mason from Yorkshire, arrived in Australia with his bride to seek his fortune in a new land. He established Victoria's first paper mill on the banks of the Yarra River in Melbourne.
For most of its life the company was known as APM - Australian Paper Manufacturers and its products even then touched the daily lives of all Australians.
In the 1970s and 1980s the company added a range of diverse packaging interests to its traditional papermaking activities. This was achieved through creating new business partnerships and making strategic acquisitions in order to expand and diversify the company's activities. With the focus gradually changing and as the company moved towards the future, the company name did not quite fit with the new focus of this young, energetic Australian company. It was decided that the company name should be changed.
On May 1, 1986 APM became Amcor Limited, a name that has become increasingly well known throughout the world for its packaging innovation and its global reach.
Amcor's Changing Global Face
World-renowned innovation and customer service has seen Amcor expand from its Australian heritage to now serve markets around the globe. Profitable organic growth and strategic acquisitions and divestments continue to build change the face of Amcor and reinforce their global leadership position in packaging innovation
They hold their Core Values close to their hearts. They are the foundation of who they are and how they conduct themselves. They play out in all of their interactions; with customers, in Amcor workplaces and with their other important stakeholders. They guide them and act as their moral compass.
They take care of each other and they take care of their stakeholders
They build trust in their relationships through honest and ethical behaviour
They work together to make a difference
They respond to the needs of their communities and the environment
If there is a better way, they will find it together
- Alcoholic - Primary, secondary and tertiary packaging options for beers, ciders, spirits, wine and ready-to-drink ranges.
- Non-Alcoholic - Packaging solutions for still and carbonated waters, soft drinks, ready-to-drink teas and coffees, juices, sports drinks, energy drinks.
- Cereals - Packaging for ready to eat cereals, breakfast & cereal bars, dry noodles, dry pasta, oats, bran, rice and other grains.
- Confectionery - Bags, wrappers, packets, shipping boxes and retail-ready display boxes for confectionery.
- Dry Grocery - Packaging for coffee, tea, flours, sugars and other dry goods sold at retail level.
- Fresh Fish & Meat - From fresh fish and seafood to raw red meats and poultry to fresh value-added meats, Amcor has packaging to suit.
- Fresh Vegetables - Retail packaging for the full range of fresh vegetables.
- In Store Bakery - Packaging supplies for in store bakery departments within supermarkets or retail bakeries. Options for sliced and loaf bread, cookies, cakes, snacks and other speciality items.
- Pet Food - Packaging solutions for wet and dry pet foods and pet snacks and treats.
- Snacks - Packaging options for snack foods, crackers, biscuits, cookies, health snacks and nuts.
- Chilled Case - Packaging for chilled meals/snacks, fresh pasta, chilled sauces and desserts, garlic bread, margarine, packaged smallgoods, solid oils and other foods found in the refrigerated section of a retail store.
- Dairy - From yoghurt to milk, butter, cream and the full range of dairy products sold in supermarkets, convenience stores and other retail outlets, Amcor has packaging solutions.
- Food Service Products - Packaging products for manufacturers of catering supplies, restaurant supplies, pre-prepared foods and take-away foods.
- Fresh Fruit - Packaging solutions for apples, bananas, citrus, tropicals, stone fruit and other fresh fruits sold by retailers.
- Frozen Food - Ice cream, frozen fruit and vegetables, frozen snacks and meals, frozen meats, soups and pastries - all need careful packaging design.
- In Store Delicatessen - Options for prepared salads, sliced smallgoods, cheese, antipasta, sliced meats and bacon.
- Prepared Grocery Foods - Packaging for prepared sauces, marinades, canned goods, oils, spreads, condiments, liquid stocks and soups and other value-added grocery items.
Household Items Packaging
- Adhesives Packaging - Packaging for the retail sale of glues and other adhesive products.
- Household Goods - Packaging for the retail sale of household goods such as lightbulbs, batteries, decorating items, office supplies, books etc.
- Gardening & Outdoors - Packaging for retail sale of products used in the garden and outside the home e.g. fertilisers, plants, car repair items, hardware.
- Paper Products - Packaging for the retail sale of paper products used in the household, such as paper towel, napkins, stationery etc.
- Materials for aeronautical applications - Functionlised polymers for aerospace applications.
- Materials for agricultural & horticultural applications - From greenhouse liners to seed packaging, a range of functionalised films for agricultural & horticultural applications.
- Materials for automotive applications - Functional films & laminations for automotive applications.
- Materials for building & construction - Functional films & laminations for building and construction applications such as insulation and roofing.
- Materials for energy applications - Functional films and laminates for energy generation applications, such as solar cells and energy conservation applications, such as insulation.
- Materials for manufacturing cable strip & cable ducts - Laminates for the manufacture of cable strips and ducts.
- Materials for manufacturing security devices - Functional films and laminates for credit cards, access cards and other security cards as well as laminates for passport covers and other identification documents.
- Materials for packaging converters - Film and other components for packaging converters
Hospital Sterilisation Units
- Packaging for hospital sterilisation units - Packaging and supplies for hospital sterilisation units, including pouches & reels, sterilisation wraps & adhesive tapes, sterilisation indicators, sterilisation monitoring & tracking systems, heat sealing equipment, washing and disinfection products; plus sharp containers.
- Sterilisation Packaging - Sterilisation pouches & reels, sterilisation wrap & adhesive tapes.
- Sterilisable medical device packaging from the premier supplier - Amcor - Their technical expertise and product line breadth will provide you with the most cost-effective medical packaging solution to protect and maintain the sterility of your medical device until the moment the package is opened.
- From medical device packaging design through to validation, they offer a range of value-added services to supplement your in-house resources and reduce the time to market.
- Antimicrobials - Packaging materials for alcohol wipes and iodine pads
- Catheters & Tubing - Packaging materials for urinary catheters, suction catheters, respiratory tubes, feeding tubes, suction & drainage tubing
- Diagnostic Devices - Packaging materials for in vitro diagnostics
- Gloves - Packaging materials for surgeons' gloves and exam gloves
- Kits and Trays - Packaging materials for medical kits and procedure trays
- Ophthalmic Products - Packaging materials for contact lenses and intraocular lenses
- Surgical Packs & Gowns - Packaging materials for surgical packs, gowns, and drapes; and film components
- Syringes and Needles - Packaging materials for syringes and needles
- Wound Care - Packaging for adhesive bandages, gauze dressings, synthetic dressings, impregnated dressings, surgical mesh, hemostats, skin grafts, surgical sponges
- Cardiac devices - Packaging materials for cardiac catheters, guide wires, temporary pacing leads, drug coated stents
- Condoms - Packaging materials for condoms
- Endoscopic Devices - Packaging materials for endoscopic devices
- IV Solutions & Administration - Packaging materials for IV administration sets, vein access devices and solutions bag overwrap
- Labware - Packaging materials for pipettes, culture tubes & flasks, dishes & plates
- Orthopedic Devices - Packaging materials for orthopedic implants, casting products, fixation devices,
- Sutures - Packaging materials for sutures and suture kits
- Urinary Drainage - Packaging materials for urinary drainage bags, specimen cups
Person & Home Care Product Packaging
- Baby & Adult Incontinence - Packaging for the retail sale of baby diapers (nappies) and adult diapers and incontinence pads.
- Cleaning Liquids, Tablets & Powders - Packaging for the retail sale of detergents, bleaches, cleaning solutions, ironing aids and pre-wash agents.
- Feminine Hygiene - Primary and secondary packaging for sanitary protection products.
- Haircare - Retail & sample packaging for shampoos & conditioners, hair colourants and styling aids.
- Paper and cotton products - Retail packaging for facial tissues, toilet paper, cotton balls, pads and tips.
- Skin and nail care - Sample and retail packaging solutions for skin and face lotions, creams and treatments, acne preparations, depilatories, foot care products, pore strips, and nail care products.
- Sun Care - Sample & retail packaging solutions for sunscreen lotions & creams, and after-tanning treatments.
- Bath & Shower - Sample and retail packaging of bath & shower soap gels and bath additives.
- Cosmetics - Sample and retail packaging solutions for colour cosmetics and make-up remover.
- Fragrances - Sample & retail packaging solutions for colognes and fragrances.
- Oral Care - Packaging for the retail sale of toothpaste, teeth whitening strips, breath fresheners, and other dental care products.
- Shaving Products - Sample & retail packaging for shaving lotions & creams, after shave products, and other shaving toiletries.
- Soap Bars - Retail and promotional packaging for bars of soap.
- Wipes - Sample and retail packaging solutions for hand cleansing wipes, baby wipes, feminine wipes, incontinence wipes, sun tan wipes, deodorant wipes, etc.
- Packaging for pharmaceutical products - Packaging for pharmaceutical powders & granules, ointments & creams, liquids, oral dissolve strips, pre-filled syringes, tablets & capsules, transdermals; and bulk drugs & APIs.
- Anti-counterfeit solutions - Technologies and packaging to prevent the counterfeiting of pharmaceutical and medical products.
- Effervescent - Primary and secondary packaging for effervescent pharmaceutical products.
- Injectables - Packaging for pre-filled syringes, auto-injectors, & other injectible drugs.
- Nutraceuticals - Primary and secondary packaging for nutraceutical products.
- Ophthalmic products - Primary and secondary packaging for ophthalmic products.
- Powders & Granules - Primary & secondary packaging for final dosage form powders & granules.
- Suppositories - Packaging for suppositories.
- Transdermal / transmucosal - Packaging for the retail sale of transdermal patches.
- Bulk Drugs & APIs - Packaging for Bulk Drugs & Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients.
- Inhalants - Packaging for pharmaceutical inhalants.
- Liquids - Packaging for liquid pharmaceuticals.
- Ointments, Gels & Creams - Packaging for topical ointments, gels and creams.
- Oral Dissolve strips - Packaging for the retail sale of oral dissolve strips.
- Secondary packaging - Overwrap and other secondary packaging for pharmaceuticals.
- Tablets & capsules - Primary packaging for tablets & capsule.
- Veterinary products - Primary and secondary packaging for final dosage form veterinary products.
- Tobacco Packaging Products - Packaging options for cigarettes, cigars, matches and other tobacco products and accessories.
Materials for Aeronautical Applications
Functionlised polymers for aerospace applications.
Materials for Automotive Applications
Funtional films & laminations for automotive applications.
Materials for Energy Applications
Functional films and laminates for energy generation applications, such as solar cells and energy conservation applications, such as insulation.
Materials for Manufacturing Security Devices
Functional films and laminates for credit cards, access cards and other security cards as well as laminates for passport covers and other identification documents.
Materials for Agricultural & Horticultural Applications
From greenhouse liners to seed packaging, a range of functionalised films for agricultural & horticultural applications.
Materials for Building & Construction
Functional films & laminations for building and construction applications such as insulation and roofing.
Materials for Manufacturing Cable Strip & Cable Ducts
Laminates for the manufacture of cable strips and ducts.
Materials for Packaging Converters
Film and other components for packaging converters.
Tobacco Packaging Product Development Service
Let their team of expert product design engineers assist you with a complete “turn key" project management service to help with your next tobacco packaging product development. Our services include: idea and concept development; proof of concept; prototypes development; feasibility and testing; printing and converting. They also offer co-packing solutions.
Tobacco Packaging Pre-Press Services
Amcor's highly trained tobacco packaging pre-press service team take a supplied pack design and prepare it for manufacturing. Their team of experts manage all the technical aspects to help you turn your design concept into a reality.
Tobacco Packaging Computer Aided Design (CAD) Service
Amcor's team of Computer Aided Design (CAD) specialists can create 'real life' mock-ups of packaging designs for your tobacco products. Working closely with our customers they strive to produce world class designs to ensure your product generates maximum customer engagement.
Amcor Rigid Plastics Design Studio
Amcor Rigid Plastics Design Studion.
109 Burwood Road
+61 3 9226 9000
Fax: +61 3 9226 9050
The General Overview, Services, Products and Projects information for this profile was last edited on 01 Jul 2016.