No Data Available
Alicanto Minerals Limited (AQI)
is a publicly listed company on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX).
About Alicanto Minerals
Alicanto Minerals Limited is an ASX listed mineral exploration company with a primary objective to discover of world class gold deposits in Guyana, South America.
The Company is currently focused on the exploration and development of its Arakaka Gold Project, located within the highly prospective and under explored Guyana Shield.
The Board and management of Alicanto have a broad range of expertise with proven technical, operational, financial and commercial skills and experience in mining exploration, strategy, venture capital, acquisitions and corporate finance.
- Located within the highly prospective and under explored Guiana Shield
- Flagship Project being fully funded by Barrick Gold Corp. to fund US$10m in contributions to acquire a 65% interest in the 100% Alicanto owned Arakaka Gold Project
- Excellent infrastructure, all weather roads and proximal port facility at the flagship project located only 170km from the capital city of Georgetown.
- Mining friendly Government open to Foreign Investment, Modern Mining Code, English speaking and legal system based in English Common Law.
The Arakaka and Tassawini Gold Projects are located in Guyana, South America. The projects are made up of a number of permits, subject to underlying agreements, covering a total area of over 550km2 within the Northern Guyana Shield. These projects cover volcano-sedimentary Paleoproterozoic greenstone rocks of the Barama-Mazaruni supergroup which are highly prospective for large tonnage, orogenic gold deposits.
Geologically Guyana is underlain by the Guiana shield a Proterozoic aged craton that before the opening of the Atlantic Ocean was contiguous with the Leo Mann Shield of West Africa. As such there is significant continuity between the Guiana Shield and Birimian Shield of West Africa however, while Guyana hosts extensive greenstone coverage it remains significantly underexplored relative to West Africa.
Of the gold discoveries in Guyana, the Guiana Shield hosts numerous "World Class" (+3 million ounce) gold deposits with the majority of the known gold deposits located within a portion of the Shield that lies in greenstone belts within 200km of the coast.
Arakaka Gold Project
Located within a major mineralised, complex structural corridor with over 10km strike potential.
- Highly prospective, regional scale exploration project with a number of mineralised zones and over 25 priority targets identified.
- Previously held in a JV with Newmont. First class data sets.
- Arakaka Trend is principally underlain by diorite bodies intruded into carbonaceous shales and mudstones.
- Multiple structural characteristics of the region indicates it is affected by high strain.
- Arakaka Trend is one of the oldest and most prolific gold districts in the Guyana Shield.
- Numerous high priority, untested targets based upon gold anomalism in soil geochemisty.
The Arakaka Gold Project is located in the North West Mining District of Guyana. It is only 1 hour drive from port facilities at Port Kaituma and a 15 minute drive from a commercial airport at Matthews Ridge. The project is approximately 170kms from Georgetown, the capital of Guyana.
The project is supported by an established camp with and has good vehicle access.
Arakaka was previously a joint venture project, formed in 2005 between StrataGold and Newmont Overseas Exploration Limited, a subsidiary of Newmont Mining Corporation.
The district has been popular with local placer miners for the past 100 years, but until recently, the region has not been systematically explored using modern techniques. StrataGold and Newmont were one of the first to implement an exploration program which included regional and detailed stream sediment and soil geochemistry surveys, induced polarization ground geophysical surveys, detailed structural mapping, prospecting and trenching.
The Arakaka Trend is principally underlain by diorite bodies intruded into carbonaceous shales and mudstones. Multiple structural characteristics of the region indicates it is affected by high strain.
Alicanto Minerals Limited
288 Churchill Avenue
+61 8 6489 0700
Fax: +61 8 6489 0710
The General Overview, Services, Products and Projects information for this profile was last edited on 20 Jun 2016.