No Data Available
Pacific Environment Limited (PEH)
is a publicly listed company on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX).
About Pacific Environment Limited
Pacific Environment is a leading Australian environmental technology and consulting company. Their experts provide environmental consulting, monitoring, automated reporting and predictive management solutions to a client base that spans Australia and extends to New Zealand, South East Asia, Africa, the Americas and Europe.
Their internationally recognised team provides quality service, built on decades of successful delivery on even the most challenging projects. They also consult to governments as independent experts.
They recently acquired Waste Solutions Australia (WSA), a well-established consultancy specialising in hydrogeology, contaminated land, solid waste and landfill gas services.
Their clients benefit from the group's 50+ years of experience, reliability and ability to develop quality, practical solutions in environmental consulting.
- They strive for scientific excellence and innovation
- They respect and invest in their people
- They practise their discipline with integrity and through teamwork
To deliver innovative, high quality scientific and technological solutions that benefit their clients, the environment and the global community.
To become the premier global environmental company that clients trust and choose to engage and where employees are empowered and love to work.
They will be at the forefront of global scientific excellence providing quality innovative and advanced environmental technologies and solutions.
Their workplace culture will be empowering, enabling and collaborative.
Pacific Environment is a pioneer in proactive environmental management technologies.
Their web-based EnviroSuite system forecasts, watches and analyses important aspects of a site's environmental management. It features automated modelling, reporting and alerts. It is a modular system, integrating with existing systems and monitoring networks, or operating independently, to provide key information about past, present and future conditions.
EnviroSuite helps their clients improve operational efficiencies, and better manage environmental liabilities and compliance requirements. It supports the social licence to operate by better managing risks to communities and the environment.
EnviroSuite is designed to optimise operating windows that might otherwise be closed. It can help companies maximise production in favourable conditions and apply necessary controls most cost-effectively in adverse conditions.
EnviroSuite automates the management of disparate information in new ways to deliver interlinked end-to-end processes. The result: improved productivity.
Their clients include mining and resources companies, industrial, construction, utility and agricultural sector businesses, as well as government.
EnviroSuite is used for:
- Customised Weather Forecasting
- Air Quality Management (dust, odour and other air pollutants)
- Noise Management
- Blast Management
- Complaints Management
- National Pollutant Inventory (NPI) and National Greenhouse and Energy Reporting (NGER)
Air Quality & Meteorology
Pacific Environment has Australia's largest and most experienced air quality managment & consulting group. It provides clients with the benefits of leading expertise and cost-effective solutions. They are innovative and renowned for delivering quality work. They adopt approaches that are robust and designed to simplify decision-making processes.
A foundation of the practice is strong expertise in atmospheric science, essential for properly understanding air quality, as well as other key disciplines. Their nation-wide scientific and engineering team has skills in all of the key areas: estimating air emissions, modelling pollutant dispersion, and air quality regulation. In addition, they provide stand-alone meteorological consulting services with diverse applications outside air quality.
They have an Innovations and R&D department aimed at improving the standards of assessments and the cost-effectiveness of operational air quality management. For many years, their innovations in dispersion modelling, odour assessment, emissions estimation and air quality management have been influential in the sector.
Their Senior consultants often act as expert witnesses in courts and provide advice to regulatory bodies on specialist technical issues.
- Air Quality Modelling and Assessment
- Odour and Dust Specialisation
- Applied Meteorology: Forecasting and Analysis
- Emissions Estimation & Inventories
- Pollution Reduction Programs
- Process Design Optimisation
- Regulatory Compliance and Reporting
- Transport Emissions Assessment
Pacific Environment's Monitoring business unit is recognised as world class and serves clients throughout Australia and abroad. They help organisations by following a project management-based approach delivering reliable results, produced in a timely and cost-effective manner.
Their measurements produce environmental data that is the foundation for important decisions on legal compliance and project planning. They recognise the value to their clients of quality and attention to detail. They adhere to a strict quality system and adopt best practice methods from US EPA and other leading authorities. Their testing procedures are NATA accredited in accordance with ISO/IEC 17025. Their principal and senior level technicians are also accredited under The American Source Evaluation Society's QSTI program.
Clients are assured of reliable service and data through their continuous improvement philosophy. They focus on improving internal procedures through regular internal auditing and client feedback, investing in new technical equipment, training staff and educating their clients.
Their skilled team provides the following services:
- Emissions monitoring
- Odour sampling and analysis
- Process and environmental monitoring
- Workplace monitoring, including asbestos
- Employee and client training
- CEMS consulting and calibration
- Vehicle and mine site vehicle emission testing
Ambient & Fugitive Monitoring
Their Ambient and Fugitive Emissions Monitoring practice has grown from a solid base of decades of experience in air quality consulting.
As independent providers, they optimise ambient monitoring solutions for their clients on a case-by-case basis. They draw on techniques ranging from the robust and low-tech through to laboratory grade instrumentation to measure particulate matter, gases (e.g. NOX, SO2, CO, CH4), volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and air toxics.
Fugitive emissions estimation poses many technical challenges. They have devised novel technologies such as their Road Emissions Expert (REX) for the mobile monitoring of haul road dust on mine sites, and techniques for other industries including the coal seam gas, alumina, intensive livestock and metals production. They are leaders in quantifying area source emissions of odours and VOCs.
Pacific Environment's EnviroSuite platform is an ideal way to deliver quality data management and interpretation. Their regulatory experience and access to this leading edge technology means that their clients receive accessible information on which to base sound decisions.
Their Ambient and Fugitive Emissions Monitoring practice provides:
- Ambient air monitoring programs and surveys
- Fugitive emissions measurement and modelling
- Real-time data acquisition and management systems
- Intensive field programs
Their Carbon Management Practice helps clients respond to the challenges of a rapidly changing regulatory and business environment relating to Australian and international climate change policy. They have been active in this field for 25 years, servicing both private and public sector clients.
Their team of chemical and environmental engineers, climatologists and environmental policy analysts gives their clients an expert foundation for addressing their carbon and climate-related issues.
They analyse, estimate and report emissions, conduct carbon audits, examine climate risks and design mitigation strategies. They have a uniquely developed capability to go beyond the standard textbook methods, which are often inaccurate and can unnecessarily penalise companies financially.
Pacific Environment's R&D program has developed emissions reporting tools and real-time environmental management solutions that enhance their clients' ability to stay in control of environmental obligations. Online NGER calculations and reporting solutions are part of their technology offering.
Specialist services include:
- Analysing and resolving greenhouse gas (GHG) issues facing emerging sectors (e.g. coal seam gas)
- National Greenhouse and Energy Reporting (NGER)
- Audits of GHG inventories for NGER and Carbon Farming Initiative (CFI) frameworks
- GHG Assessments for environmental impact statements
- Monitoring and testing programs
- Mitigation and adaptation strategies
- Climate scenario assessments and analysis
Toxicology & Risk Assessment
Toxikos specialises in toxicology and risk assessment. They interpret complex data and explain risks to human health and the environment. Their experts understand regulatory requirements and effectively communicate risk to both regulators and the public.
The Toxikos team complements the strong air quality skills within Pacific Environment. They have conducted many health risk assessments for a wide variety of industries and Government agencies. Many of these assessments have been critical to gaining regulatory approvals.
Toxikos has extensive experience in chemical registration across most classes of chemicals. They provide science-based advocacy services to help obtain timely and cost-effective approvals under the various Australian and New Zealand regulations. They are also industry leaders supporting shipping registration requirements.
Their toxicologists have conducted, coordinated or peer reviewed some of the largest and most complex contaminated site and industrial risk assessments in their region. They have extensive experience with vapour intrusion issues, having worked on numerous risk assessments where it was a key issue.
Their team is regularly engaged in litigation to provide expert opinions in the areas of air quality, toxicology and risk assessment.
- Health risk assessment for air quality
- Environmental and human health risk assessment (contaminated land, noise)
- Emergency management risk assessment/toxicological advice
- Development of environmental standards and guidelines
- Regulatory support (policy development)
- Risk communication/consultation
- Expert witness/litigation support
- Chemical registration support (NICNAS, NZEPA, APVMA, AQIS, TGA, REACH, TSCA)
- Maritime legislation and dangerous goods registration support (MARPOL Annex V, ADG, IMDG, IMSBC)
- Support for environmental auditors
Acoustics is a major environmental issue in modern society and regulation of noise is an established part of environmental management. Their acoustic consulting specialists monitor, model, assess and advise on noise control for diverse activities – transport, industry, mining, commerce, entertainment and construction.
They audit and assess existing operations for regulatory compliance, prepare noise management plans, devise solutions for noise control and management and provide expert testimony.
Their noise specialists are experienced in:
- Noise monitoring
- Environmental noise modelling
- Noise impact assessments
- Noise mitigation
- Noise training services
Solid Waste Management
With more than 40+ years' experience, WSA assists local councils and private landfill operators with the management issues associated with municipal solid waste (MSW) collection, recycling and landfill gas management operations. WSA maintains close relationships with waste disposal companies and landfill operators in order to ensure that any contaminated waste material is suitably disposed. WSA also has experience in the investigation of potential landfill sites and the development of liners to prevent the flow of leachate from disposal sites. They offer ample services within solid waste managment.
The team's expertise in hydrogeology, groundwater monitoring, water quality and chemistry, solid waste managemnt and contaminated land, provides the basis for a range of services including:
- Waste classification and characterisation
- Waste reduction and recycling plans
- Waste audits
- Landfill design groundwater investigation (hydrogeolocial investigation)
- Waste minimisation and recycling studies
- Waste audits and development of Environmental Management Plans
- Waste treatment and disposal technologies
- Life cycle assessments of landfill
- Landfill risk assessment
- Landfill gas assessment
- Landfill closure
- Design of closure capping for landfills
- Rehabilitation of landfills
- Development of Environmental Management Plans
- Waste treatment and disposal technologies
- Contract advice for waste operators
Contaminated Land Assessmen
The contaminated land team at Pacific Environment includes the reputable team of environmental consultants from Waste Solutions Australia. Together, the team has extensive knowledge and experience in the investigation, management and remediation of contaminated land and work together to solve complex contaminated land remediation projects that include contaminated soil, contaminated groundwater, odour emissions and dust suppression requirements.
Projects include the identification and remediation of contaminated sites for developers to allow for future residential development (material change of use) or the remediation of contaminated sites that have the potential to cause harm to human health [LW1] and the environment.
The team of contaminated land consultants approach each project with the clients' objectives in mind. If a client requires urgent remediation work the most time-effective approach is considered, which is usually to excavate and dispose of the contaminated soil or excavate and stockpile the contaminated soil (sometimes off-site) for remediation in the future. If the client requires remediation of a site without time constraints, for organic contaminants, the team propose the use of bio-remediation which is an innovative technology that reduces total cost to the client and is more sustainable and environmentally friendly.
Alternative options include reviewing whether a site requires remediation and where necessary, a Site Management Plan can be put into place to allow for development with appropriate controls.
Contaminated land capabilities include:
- Investigation of contaminated land (potentially contaminated land)
- Soil sampling (contaminated soil sampling, contaminated land sampling)
- Groundwater sampling (contaminated groundwater sampling)
- Numerical modelling of contaminated groundwater plumes
- Limited preliminary site investigation or due diligence investigation prior to purchase or sale of a property (previously referred to as limited Stage 1 &Stage 2 Environmental SiteAssessment)
- Preliminary site investigation
- Detailed site investigation
- Remediation action plans
- Site Management Plans
- Identification of underground storage tanks or above ground storage tanks
- Removal of underground storage tanks or removal of above ground storage tanks and validation sampling
- Remediation of contaminated land
- Bio-remediation of contaminated soil and contaminated water
- Validation reportingon the remediation of contaminated land (allowing for removal from the Environmental Management Register)
- Searches of the Environmental Management Register and Contaminated Land Register
- In-situ metals assessment and ex-situ metals assessment using Niton XRF instrument
- Acid sulphate soils investigation
- Risk assessment and impact assessment for major infrastructure projects
- Liaising with government departments including the Department of Environment and Heritage Protection, Department of Environment and Environmental Protection Authority
- Chemical spill incident investigation and chemical spill monitoring
- Contaminated land expert witness and contaminated land litigation support
Landfill Gas Management
WSA in tandem with Pacific Environment's Odour Assessment Group are working with local government regulators and private landfill operators across Australia to provide a variety of landfill gas management and assessment services. Together the company's experience expands across Australia, the Pacific Rim and Europe. The WSA/Pacific Environment partnership combines the expertise of all team members together to provide scientifically in-depth, analytical information for clients wishing to meet environmental compliance regulations and obligations. Together the landfill gas management group is able to provide services in:
- Odour assessment studies
- Compliance with environmental licences
- Litigation support and expert witness testimony
- Landfill gas monitoring, risk assessment and management plans
- National Greenhouse Emission Reporting (NGER) determinations
They also provide landfill gas mangement services in:
- Generation modelling for resource potential
- Monitoring and field balancing for gas migration control and utilisation optimisation
- Collection system design, installation and operation using industry best practice
- Collection system audit and remedial strategies
- Training in instrumentation, monitoring and LFG collection system operation.
Groundwater resources are highly valued in Australia because of the significant role they play in the mineral and exploration industry and agriculture. Pacific Environment has a reputable team of groundwater consultants (hydrogeologists) who have completed groundwater projects in agriculture, transport, infrastructure and mining and exploration. Our clients have included local government, state government, private companies and individual landholders.
Their team not only has extensive experience working within Australia's largest industry but also building a building a firm reputation by providing expertise in the areas of hydrogeology and groundwater resource evaluation.
Their groundwater monitoring team brings decades of experience in groundwater monitoring to Pacific Environment from previous projects.
The team of groundwater consultants undertake routine projects from groundwater monitoring to complex groundwater investigations and groundwater modelling.
Groundwater services include:
- Groundwater resource evaluation and quality assessment
- Groundwater resource evaluation
- Groundwater quality assessment
- Routine groundwater monitoring
- Conceptualised modelling (conceptualised hydrogeological modelling)
- Numerical groundwater modelling and analytical groundwater modelling
- Interaction between surface water and groundwater
- Strategic Design and Supervision of exploratory drilling programs
- Interpretation and determination of groundwater body hydraulics
- Investigation and Remediation of contaminated groundwater
- Geological mapping and aquifer delineation, description and quality determination
- Production well /groundwater/environmental monitoring bore design
- Environmental groundwater monitoring scheme development
- Geophysical investigations
- Groundwater licensing and groundwater compliance
- Groundwater feasibility studies
- Groundwater interception systems
- Groundwater litigation support and Groundwater Expert Witness testimony.
Pacific Environment Limited
Suite 1 Level 1
146 Arthur Street
North Sydney, NSW
+61 2 9870 0900
Fax: +61 2 9870 0999
The General Overview, Services, Products and Projects information for this profile was last edited on 09 Jun 2015.