No Data Available
Sigma Pharmaceuticals Limited (SIP)
is a publicly listed company on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX).
Sigma is a leading Australian full line wholesale and distribution business to pharmacy. In addition, Sigma has the largest pharmacy-led network in Australia, with over 1200 branded and independent pharmacies in their network, including some of Australia's best known pharmacy retail brands in Amcal, Amcal Max, Guardian, Pharmasave, Chemist King and Discount Drug Stores.
Sigma aspire to be Australia's partner of choice for health, beauty and wellbeing.
From modest beginnings in Melbourne in 1912, the company has grown into a vibrant, nationwide network servicing retail pharmacy. Sigma are proud of their role in helping to make pharmacy services and medicines accessible for all Australians.
Sigma are here to serve their communities by:
- Fulfilling their responsibilities to ensure Australians have access to the full range of PBS medicines, via community pharmacies, regardless of where they live, and within 24 hours
- Collaborating with their customers and suppliers to continuously pursue and implement value-added, cost-effective wholesaling and distribution solutions
- Supporting pharmacists to be innovative, professional service providers in their communities; to help shape the future of delivering pharmacy care in Australia
- Providing sustainable returns for their investors and continuously creating value in the business
- Providing support for a range of community not-for-profit organisations that are aligned with their values.
Sigma have a shared understanding of how they behave as an organisation.
Sigma work in close partnerships with their customers and suppliers to create enduring mutual business success. They listen, learn and respond effectively to honour our commitments.
Sigma empower their talented people to take the initiative to do what is required, whilst also ensuring that their people understand what is expected of them.
Sigma strive for better results every day – they are committed to continually improving their processes, skills, knowledge and performance.
Sigma believe responding proactively and efficiently to their ever changing industry and partner needs is their road to success. They aim to be vision-led innovators – a leader, not a reactive follower in the marketplace.
Sigma are one company, one team. They are supportive of each other's effort and loyal to one another. They balance empowerment and interdependence to make them strong.
Integrity & Respect
Sigma act with honesty, transparency and integrity and 'do as we say'. They hold each other accountable for their behaviour.
Sigma's strategy focusses on strengthening their pharmacy network, building their wholesale and distribution partnerships, and pursuing innovations to stay ahead of changes in the industry
Sigma's strategy includes:
- Expanding their product and service offerings to consumers, thereby decreasing their dependencies on PBS-listed medicines
- Partnering with member pharmacists to strengthen professional service offerings, tailored to support the health care needs of local communities
- Partnering with their suppliers to develop and implement cost-effective wholesaling and distribution services for mutual benefit
- Partnering with institutions, industry groups, government and community stakeholders to help shape the future of Australia's healthcare system
- Leveraging synergies across core business activities, pursuing innovations and realising market opportunities.
Their business model is enabled by:
- A highly capable and adaptable workforce supported by a strong, focused leadership team. Sigma have a united approach to everything they do
- A deep understanding of the pharmacy-led health services landscape in Australia. An ability to foresee and anticipate industry change, and make early, well-informed decisions
- Robust business processes supported by technology and information systems
- An extensive, responsive and reliable distribution network.
- Their business model is underpinned by their unique ability to create valued links between their customers, their suppliers and the communities in which they operate.
Sigma has a long history in the pharmaceutical industry. Founded by two Melbourne pharmacists in 1912, it has grown to become one of the key players in Australia's pharmacy industry.
- 1912 Sigma Company founded by two Melbourne pharmacists
- 1942 Manufacturing activities commenced
- 1996 QDL acquired
- 1997 Sigma Company Ltd listed on the Exempt Stock Exchange
- 1997 Guardian pharmacy group acquired
- 1998 Amcal pharmacy group acquired
- 1999 SmithKline Beecham's Dandenong manufacturing facility acquired
- 1999 Sigma Company Ltd moves to full ASX listing
- 1999 Arrow Pharmaceuticals incorporated
- 2002 Arrow Pharmaceuticals Ltd listed on the ASX
- 2003 Sigma Company acquires Herron Pharmaceuticals and Chemists' Own
- 2005 Sigma Company Ltd and Arrow Pharmaceuticals Ltd merge and are renamed Sigma Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- 2008 Sigma Pharmaceuticals acquires Orphan Australia
- 2011 Sigma divests its Pharmaceutical Division to Aspen Pharmacare Holdings
Today Sigma is a leading full line wholesale and distribution business to pharmacy. Sigma is also the owner of some of Australia's best known pharmacy brands in Amcal, Guardian and Amcal Max.
The Amcal brand has built its reputation on providing health and wellbeing solutions to Australians for over 75 years. Since the creation of the Allied Master Chemists of Australia Limited (Amcal) in 1937, their network has grown to over 300 stores, becoming an integral part of local communities in every state and territory, and making them one of the largest pharmacy retailers in the country.
They pride themselves on their pharmacists and team members, right across the country, who without exception, live and breathe the ethos “I Am here to help" – putting customers first every time.
Now, more than ever, Amcal and their pharmacists are committed to providing you with friendly service, value for money, and most importantly, expert advice. So you can rest assured you and family will always get the help you need to ensure you're looking and feeling great.
Amcal – Expert advice for every Australian.
Amcal Max is a modern and welcoming environment where you will feel comfortable knowing your personal needs will be treated the way you expect, and handled in a timely and efficient manner. Our motivated and committed team are dedicated to bringing you a friendly, service driven, consultative customer experience.
Amcal Max Health Management Services
Amcal Max health management services is a specialist destination offering professional advice and tailored products across various key categories including:
- Heart health
- Bones and joints
For over 30 years, Guardian pharmacies have been committed to delivering health care solutions Australia wide. With over 150 stores Australia wide, Guardian pharmacies are proud to deliver advice, trust and care to Australian families. Recently, they were honoured to receive awards from Roy Morgan and Canstar Blue for the highest levels of customer satisfaction amongst pharmacies.
A well known advocate of Guardian is Dr Cindy Pan. As a well respected medical practitioner, media commentator and mother, Dr. Cindy Pan embodies and provides a very clear connection to the values that Guardian and Australians feel are important when it comes to their health and wellbeing. That's why she's a Guardian ambassador.
At Guardian, they distinguish themselves as a health care advice destination, providing a level of care to Australians which has made Guardian one of Australia's most trusted brands.
Guardian – Advice. Trust. Care.
Sigma Pharmaceuticals Limited
3 Myer Place
+61 3 9215 9215
Fax: +61 3 9215 9188
The General Overview, Services, Products and Projects information for this profile was last edited on 09 Jun 2015.