Mitchell & Partners Chartered Accountants
About Mitchell & Partners
At Mitchell & Partners, they go beyond the traditional accounting framework to achieve the best commercial solutions for their clients. They strive to do this with integrity, professionalism, and care; qualities that they trust will enable their clients to turn to them, as genuine and reliable partners in business.
Mitchell & Partners are structured to best service the broad needs of each of their clients. They do not assume any single specialty, but rather, choose to develop a breadth of expertise, enabling them to offer their clients a multi-faceted approach to their business.
The nature of taxation consulting has changed drastically over the past decade. In the past, staying abreast of technical and legislative changes was adequate for achieving favourable outcomes for clients. Today however, a greater depth of understanding is required if we are to offer superior solutions. A genuine understanding and appreciation of the commercial drivers behind a client’s business is fundamental. We present the best range of practical options, highlighting the issues and preferred recommendations.
- Preparation and advice on income tax, fringe benefits tax, capital gains tax, stamp duty, payroll tax, GST, and land tax
- Assistance with taxation law compliance and administration
- Tax effective structuring for small to medium sized businesses
- Superannuation advice and structures
- Business succession planning
- Corporate and international taxation advice and related services, including transfer pricing and debt/equity rules
- Taxation advice on trust structures including unit, discretionary, and hybrid trusts
- Tax litigation support, including prudential audits
- Year end tax planning
Audit & Assurance Services
Mitchell & Partners’ work provides a vital link between shareholders, management, and other users of financial statements. A thorough understanding of the environment in which their clients operate, the control procedures they adopt, and the systems implemented, enable them to identify actual and potential problem areas. Their success comes from being proactive in protecting the interests of the shareholders or members.
As auditors, they recognise the importance of maintaining their independence and objectivity at all times. Mitchell & Partners’ staff are well trained and experienced in identifying and overcoming issues that may arise during the conduct of an audit.
Mitchell & Partners provide services to all types of businesses including public companies, large private organisations, educational institutions, subsidiaries of multinational companies, and non-profit organisations.
- Ensuring compliance with statutory obligations
- Internal control reviews
- Assistance in the design of control systems
- Taxation compliance audits and asset verifications that may be required by financiers
- Trust account or superannuation fund audits
- Assisting their clients with valuations of possible acquisitions, due diligence tasks, and independent expert reports where required
At Mitchell & Partners, they are committed to providing quality service to their ever-growing client base. It is their friendly and efficient work ethic, attention to detail, and willingness to incorporate each and every client into the Mitchell & Partners family that sets them apart from most other accounting firms. Whether it be the large manufacturer, the foreign investor, the ‘mum and dad’ corner store, or the individual who needs them, they have the range of taxation and accounting services, coupled with vast experience in all areas, to get it right the first time, time after time.
- The most suitable vehicle or taxation structure in which to conduct their business
- Income tax effects on the business structure chosen
- The implications of other taxes such as pay-roll tax, stamp duty, GST, capital gains tax and fringe benefits tax
- Business activity regulations
- Estate Planning: planning for the effects of disability or death
- Succession planning
- Opportunities for government assistance
Mitchell & Partners also recognise that the life-blood of the business community in Australia is small business, and small business is a significant part of their firm. The relationship they have with their business clients is, and must be, very strong. They rely on the accuracy and timeliness of their advice, to navigate them through the myriad of complex and ever-changing legislation.
To ensure their compliance, their clients need to know what to do, when to do it and the impact these changes may have on their business. Knowing their clients’ businesses, growing with them, and providing them with the services they need – when they need them – this is the essence of ‘beyond accounting’, and reflects their own professional and family values.
As the Federal Government continues to introduce measures aimed at encouraging Australians to take responsibility, and act decisively, to achieve their own retirement fund outcomes, Australians today are obliged to deal with complex retirement issues. Many of our clients are now very much retirement-focused. This mindset is even starting to take effect on younger clients of the firm.
Mitchell & Partners can assist their clients to achieve their retirement goals by helping them achieve a reasonable balance between other long term obligations, such as housing loans and child education costs, and the commitment of funds for retirement.
Many of their clients have established their own self-managed superannuation funds. The use of such vehicles has become increasingly popular, as investors remain dissatisfied with the returns achieved by fund managers of public superannuation funds.
At Mitchell & Partners, they work with their clients to ensure that their self-managed superannuation funds comply with the fairly complex legislation that regulates them. They help their clients move from the investment stage, to the retirement stage, by advising on the taxation implications of lump sum or pension strategies to maximise the funds available to them in their retirement years.
Australia has always been a popular destination for foreign investors. Mitchell & Partners’ politically stable environment and favourable economic conditions continue to encourage international property investors, and entrepreneurs, wanting to establish or expand their business in new markets. Foreign investment is equally well regarded by the Australian government and business communities alike, and as such, offers the astute investor a wealth of opportunity. Mitchell & Partners offer a unique advisory service geared towards assisting foreign investors to make the right investment decisions. By having worked closely with a range of clients in the past, we are able to offer valuable insights into what works and what doesn’t.
Mitchell & Partners advise clients to contemplate their investment strategy with careful consideration of factors such as location, product quality, return on investment, and prospective long term opportunities. They help facilitate this process by ensuring that proper and due consideration is also given to the setting up of appropriate tax and legal structures. After all, commercial returns and capital gains should not be impaired by the lack of poor long term planning from the beginning.
In order to go beyond accounting they also provide the following services:
- Registered office facilities
- Lodgement of company transactions with ASIC such as share transfers, share splits, director appointments and resignations etc.
- Training, Setup and/or Bookkeeping services of accounting packages Xero, MYOB and Quicken.
- Setup and compliance of Private Ancillary Funds, whereby clients can create their own charitable foundation with a high level of control
Mitchell & Partners Chartered Accountants
10 Barrack Street
Phone:+61 2 9392 8686