Founded in Melbourne in 1978, Computershare has always been an active participant in the Australian and global capital markets, accredited with significant success in regulatory change for the improvement of investor servicing standards and best practices. A commitment to service excellence and open market structures is shared throughout our group of companies and partnerships.
A pioneer in integrated investor services and technology, the company has grown on its successes, listing on the ASX in 1994, extending its initial market capitalisation from AU$36 million to approximately AU$6 billion in 2014, and continuing to invest substantially into technology and product development.
Now operating in over 20 countries, with in excess of 15,000 employees, they are renowned as the only provider of a globally-integrated suite of services supported by its own proprietary technology. Computershare’s strategic growth has been focused on providing new opportunities and efficiencies for companies to attract, engage and manage their diverse stakeholder base – individual and institutional investors, members, employees and customers – wherever they are in the world.
- Founded in Melbourne, Australia
- Lists on ASX
- Enters UK market
- Enters New Zealand market
- Acquires Royal Bank of Scotland’s transfer agency business
- Enters South African market
- Enters Irish market
- Enters Hong Kong market
- Enters US market
- Enters Canadian market
- Offers corporate trust, escrow and debt management services
- Enters German market
- Enters Russian market
- Acquires Georgeson
- Enters Indian market
- Enters Japanese market
- Enters tenancy deposits market
- Acquires VEM Aktienbank AG, a German corporate actions bank
- Acquires Australian customer communication solutions company QM Technologies
- Acquires Busy Bees, a childcare voucher administration business (UK)
- Increased ownership of the NRC investor services business (Russia)
- Acquires I-nvestor, an investor services business and enters the Danish and Swedish markets
- Acquires National City, an investor services business (US)
- Acquires Kurtzman Carson Consultants LLC, a bankruptcy administration business
- Acquires the Employee Equity Services business of HBOS, making Computershare the market leader for plan administration services (UK)
- Enters the Italian market
- Acquires Serviceworks Group (AU), a utility back-office administrator
- Acquires Specialized Loan Servicing LLC (US), a mortgage loan service provider
- Acquires Shareowner Services business of Bank of New York Mellon
- Acquires Morgan Stanley Global Share Plans Solutions business (Europe)
- Acquires Olympia Corporate and Shareholder Services assets from Olympia Financial Group Inc. (Canada)
- Acquires Registrar and Transfer Company (USA)
- Acquires Homeloan Management Limited (UK), a mortgage loan service provider
Computershare is the only truly global share registry provider, managing over 100 million shareholder records across more than 20 countries. In Australia, companies benefit from an end-to-end service that ensures their share register is managed efficiently and securely.
Their clients have access to the latest research and insights, and benefit from a network of local experts supported by unrivalled global experience. Their integrated share registry services include:
- Shareholder record keeping and communication
- Meeting and voting services
- Corporate actions
- Intermediary Services
- Research and insight
They are committed to providing great service; working hard to care for your shareholders and protecting your brand.
The value they add to your business is independently recognised. 98% of respondents percentage of rated our overall performance as positive in the Australian Registry Service Provider Survey 2014, a survey of companies in the S&P/ASX200 published by J.P. Morgan and Governance Institute of Australia.
Computershare Communication Services is a global provider of integrated communications solutions. Through innovations in communications, they help companies better connect with their customers and stakeholders through print, digital and mobile delivery channels.
Regulated companies need a strategic partner to help make every business-critical communication count. They rely upon Computershare Communication Services for their personalised service, industry intelligence from global practices and innovations in communications solutions.
Computershare Communication Services offers a myriad services and solutions for a wide variety of industries including banking & finance, superannuation, insurance, utilities, government sectors and more. Additionally, they provide an extensive array of products and services for the investor services industry. All solutions are completely compliant and certified, ensuring the highest level of security available.
Computershare Communication Services combine local expertise with global practices. Their integrated solutions enable clients to effectively communicate with their customers, making every connection with them count.
Their integrated solutions include:
- Communications Consulting
At the onset of a project, their industry experts consult with clients to develop and implement communication designs and solutions that meet their business objectives.
- Multichannel Communications
Their technology puts business users in control by giving them the flexibility to manage their communications, make instant changes and deliver highly personalised content across multiple channels, including physical mail, email, fax, SMS and digital post.
- Enterprise Content Management
With their integrated platform, clients can meet document archiving and retrieval requirements, or deploy and manage complex customer communication campaigns.
- Inbound Process Automation
Eliminating paper, their digital imaging and data capture solutions allow clients to accurately and cost effectively manage a range of business activities, including receiving or making payments and processing claims or applications.
Computershare’s global solutions offer international issuers, of any size, and other capital market participants a range of cross-border advisory services and solutions to attract, retain and connect with potential investors. Their Global Capital Markets Group (GCM) draws on a wealth of experience and insight into international markets to provide support in three key areas:
- GCM’s innovative range of Solutions have been created to help issuers, advisors and capital market participants access international markets and efficiently execute cross border business
- Operationally, their Global Transaction team, a dedicated group of highly experienced personnel, is able to rapidly move securities across international markets, in order to efficiently settle cross border transactions
- GCM provides expert support to Computershare’s businesses, clients, partners and other stakeholders worldwide by developing appropriate strategies to take advantage of critical Market Developments in major markets.
Computershare Plan Managers, helping you secure your company’s most valuable assets – your employees.
Leading companies around the world know the importance of developing innovative ways to attract and retain the best people. That’s why they work with Computershare Plan Managers to offer a remuneration strategy that’s more valuable than just a pay cheque.
Computershare has more than 25 years’ experience of working with companies locally and globally to design, implement, manage and review employee share plans. They support your business objectives, bringing out the best in employees to drive growth and success.
Share ownership can be daunting, so they work closely with their clients to demystify financial jargon for their employees. They consult and customise your messages using the right communication channels for your company, optimising take-up and participation in your employee share plans.
Their global team of more than 800 industry experts, together with a secure technology platform, deliver effective solutions across diverse communities, cultures, languages and currencies. Regulatory compliance, comprehensive reporting, and a commitment to innovation mean your employees, like four million others around the globe, are in safe hands with Computershare Plan Managers.
From executive incentives to all-employee share plans, Computershare Plan Managers works with organisations to get more from their remuneration strategies. Make them part of your talent management strategy today.
Georgeson, a Computershare company, is the world’s foremost provider of strategic shareholder consulting services to corporations, and shareholder groups working to influence corporate strategy.
Since 1935, Georgeson has specialised in complex solicitations such as hostile and friendly acquisitions, proxy contests and takeover defences. Georgeson leads more M&A transactions globally than any other firms combined.
As Australia’s only global proxy solicitation and strategic shareholder communications firm with offices in all major financial markets, they offer unsurpassed advice and representation for companies of all sizes, and adapt their solutions to meet your specific requirements.
Computershare Governance Services delivers advanced products and services to help companies manage all their legal entities and subsidiaries, comply with national and international regulatory rules and support the company board and committees.
In addition to their advanced software solutions, they have highly experienced industry-qualified implementation and support teams, ensuring the optimum and most cost-effective solution is delivered and maintained.
Benefits of using Computershare Governance Services include:
- Management of all group legal entities
- Tracking of key corporate data
- Group structure reporting
- Meeting external and internal reporting requirements
- Easy to use board portals
- Secure preparation and distribution of board materials
- Board agenda and meeting management.
Computershare Investor Services Pty Limited
452 Johnston Street
Phone: +61 3 9415 5000
Fax: +61 3 9473 2500