No Data Available
4DS Memory Limited (4DS)
is a publicly listed company on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX).
About 4DS Memory Limited
4DS Memory Limited (ASX: 4DS), with research and development facilities located in Silicon Valley, is a developer of non-volatile memory technology, pioneering Interface Switching resistive random access memory (ReRAM) for next generation storage in mobile and cloud.
Established in 2007, 4DS owns a patented IP portfolio developed in house to create high density gigabyte storage.
4DS has a joint development agreement (JDA) with Western Digital subsidiary, HGST. The JDA collaboration, which commenced in July 2014 and is into its third year, accelerates the evolution of Interface Switching ReRAM with the goal of optimising the 4DS technology for the gigabyte storage market.
4DS is well positioned to address the massive memory storage demands of tomorrow.
Demand for Innovation
- Growth in mobile devices, cloud storage, Internet of Things and connected devices drive the need for innovation in non-volatile memory (NVM)
- Explosion of Data Drives Growth in Global Storage Demands
- 90% of data in the world today was created in the last 2 years.
- This staggering growth of data is being driven by the rapid penetration of mobile devices, increasing demand for digital content, the proliferation of cloud based services and the emergence of the Internet of Things.
- Most of this data will never be deleted.
- This incredible growth in data generation presents huge challenges to mobile users and cloud data centres that rely on silicon memory chips in which this data is stored.
Resistive Random Access Memory (ReRAM) is emerging as the leading candidate to overcome the limitations of Flash, the most dominant non-volatile memory technology used in billions of mobile devices, cloud servers and data centres.
ReRAM uses an alternative mechanism for the non-volatile storage of data in nano-scale cells by measuring the changes in material resistance.
Two Approaches to ReRam
Interface Switching ReRAM - high density memory for mobile and cloud
The development of Interface Switching ReRAM, a unique type of Non-Filamentary ReRAM, represents a breakthrough in ReRAM technology and is unique to 4DS.
Developing memory storage that is not reliant upon a filament allows cell currents to scale down in line with cell size enabling the smaller geometries necessary to put more storage on a memory chip creating high density memory.
A filament-less switching mechanism can operate with low switching currents, due to much more stable currents, essential for high density gigabyte range memories and the retention of data.
4DS has developed a way of controlling the overall resistance of the memory cells using the diffusion of oxygen atoms across the interface and this mechanism is used to reliably control gigabyte memory intended for large-scale storage.
Importantly, Interface Switching ReRAM does not rely on a destruction mechanism thereby increasing endurance, reliability and functional behaviour.
4DS Memory Limited
50 Kings Park Road
West Perth, WA
+61 8 6377 8043
Fax: +61 8 6377 8043
The General Overview, Services, Products and Projects information for this profile was last edited on 24 Oct 2017.