No Data Available
Australian Agricultural Projects Limited (AAP)
is a publicly listed company on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX).
About Australian Agricultural Projects Limited
Australian Agricultural Projects Limited (AAP) is a Victorian based business that manages a large state-of-the-art olive growing operation in the Boort region. The Company commenced in 2004 with the establishment of several olive oil brands and then, with the acquisition of Victorian Olive Oil Project Limited (VOOPL) in 2007, has developed into a low cost, high quality producer of extra virgin olive oils.
The orchard business was founded with the view to develop and manage quality olive projects at a time when there was significant expansion in Australian plantings. VOOPL brought together the availability of quality land and water with the application of modern Australian broad acre horticultural practices to an industry which, in Europe, has been bound by traditional and inefficient production methods. The marketing of the oil evolved through the building of several brands, including the widely distributed Redisland brand, the sale of the marketing business in 2012 and the establishment of a Olive Oil Supply Agreement with Boundary Bend Limited which links the value of the oil to a farm gate price derived from retail prices.
The Company currently services three projects:
- Victorian Olive Oil Project - 285 ha - planted 2002
- Victorian Olive Oil Project II - 118 ha - planted 2003
- Peppercorn Estate Limited - 108 ha - planted 2006
The orchards are situated 14 km west from Boort, a country town in the Mallee region, 252 km north west of Melbourne. The regional climate is typified by a long hot growing season with a cool winter which is comparable to the Mediterranean region which is well established as being suitable for growing olive trees. Consequently, Boort is a major olive region in Australia - dubbed the 'New Mediterranean'.
AAP is listed on the Australian Stock Exchange to provide the financial capacity to act on opportunities presented by the emerging olive industry. The company has leading technical teams and has developed the capacity to establish new olive grove projects, manage other groves and expand into other markets.
Victorian Olive Oil Project I
This Project, which was launched in 2001, provided investors access to resources and infrastructure that allow the ability to conduct the business of growing olives and producing olive oil for sale in the domestic and, potentially, in the international markets.
The project comprises:
- The offer to lease to 30 June 2025 (with an option of a further 25 years) land, water and selected varieties of olive trees in a region which has climatic conditions similar to olive producing regions in the Mediterranean;
- The option to install irrigation systems;
- The opportunity to acquire orchard management services which will include the provision of weed and pest control, pruning and harvesting in accordance with the Orchard Management Plan; and
- The ability to have your produce crushed into oil and marketed in both the domestic and export markets.
This project has 285 under cultivation and comprises the following tree types:
- Nevadillo Blanco
VOOP I varieties were selected as a balance between two competing goals:
- To produce oil with traditional flavours, already known and accepted in the market.
- To cultivate trees with potentially greater productive capacity than the traditional varieties.
Water is delivered to the Orchard via the Waranga Western channel which is managed by Goulburn Murray Water.
Victorian Olive Oil Project II
With the success of Victorian Olive Oil project I, they embarked on a second project in 2003, also of MIS in nature presenting investors the opportunity to participate in the Australian Olive Oil industry in a project of 108 hectares.
The opportunities available under the PDS were:
- The offer to lease to 30 June 2025 (with an option of a further 25 years) land, water access, an irrigation system and selected varieties of olive trees in a region which has climatic conditions similar to olive producing regions in the Mediterranean; and
- The opportunity to acquire orchard management services which will include the provision of tree nutrition, weed and pest control, pruning and harvesting and the ability to have your produce crushed into oil and marketed for sale.
- The opportunity after five years to switch to a production sharing model which helps manage investor risk.
Australian Agricultural Projects Limited
31 Lakewood Boulevard
+61 3 8587 1400
Fax: +61 3 8587 1444
The General Overview, Services, Products and Projects information for this profile was last edited on 08 Aug 2016.